Monday, March 10, 2008

Two contrasting nights in a row

Friday night was fun. A classmate, barkada even, whom we hadn't seen for almost 20 years invited us to the blessing of his condo unit. He came back to Manila from the US for the purpose.

Aware that we had missed at least two of his invitations in the past, I was determined to attend this party and promptly called the Wheelmobile to reserve it for the night. I'm glad I did.

he admitted that he had been worried we were mad at him for one reason or other because of our constant absences in his parties. I assured him that there was no other reason except that his parties were normally on weekdays and I didn't want husband up late on the road because his teaching required him to be up early on a school day. I was touched that he was frank enough to voice his concern so that though every hour that ticked meant additional pesos to pay the Wheelmobile, I thought it was well worth it. We came home close to 1 a.m. after a fun night with college barkada. The experience will in fact be reprised this Thursday with more of the barkada present. Hopefully it will be as much fun if not better than last Friday.

Saturday night, husband, son and I went malling after a long respite from our regular activity as my husband had been side-lined by his dislocated shoulder, which redounded to our house arrest. We took our time in Power Plant, just moving around, looking at stuff, buying a few things, mostly husband's and son's needs/wants. I didn't buy anything for myself, believe it or not. We were very happy as we went home but when we got to Katipunan, we witnessed the tail-end of an accident that saw a trisikad on its side and its driver pinned underneath. Behind it were maybe two cars responsible for the occurrence. But maybe it was the trisikad's fault? I hesitate to guess. What should we have done?

Son said to inform the police right away but we were almost sure someone had done so as one lady was walking from the scene. We prayed the seemingly unconscious victim would be all right in the end.

When we got home I asked the maid if they heard any screeching tires but they said they hadn't. Up till now, I'm hoping the one hit is ok.

No comments: