Saturday, March 22, 2008

Product Knowledge





It never ceases to amaze me when the work force of an entity is so clueless about the institution they work for. This afternoon, we were in Manila Pen for the afternoon buffet. A few days ago, I asked what would be served. I was told: pasta, kebabs, sandwiches, pastries, etc. So this afternoon, we went to Manila Pen. My son was raring for the pasta, I was longing to eat the kebabs. My husband is less difficult to please, he eats anything with nary a complaint.

What did the afternoon buffet have? Pancit bihon, sausage in a bun, shrimp and vegetable cake (okoy), chocolate pudding, scones, sapin-sapin, fruit pies (kiwi, peaches, strawberry), cherry cheesecake, coffee, tea, ice cream, bread, cheeses, etc. No kebabs, no pasta. It's a good thing most of the entrees were good to eat, otherwise, what a let-down the buffet would have been. Also, when I asked a few days ago how much a buffet cost, I was told P850. Guess what, it cost P550 ++. We got two of the buffets free so paid for only one. Otherwise we wouldn't have bothered going.

But I liked the tea set they used. Their design so reminded me of the toy tea sets we had as children. Attached are some of the pictures we took. The layout of the buffet was enticing and neat. Ice cream containers were ensconced in two huge blocks of ice. Cool. But they didn't stay frozen for long. The weather, besides, did not cooperate. It was just so hot.

To be fair, the waiters and waitress of the Manila Pen as well as the valets were very good natured. It was the Pen Club personnel who were misinformed or didn't have enough product knowledge. They were pleasant, true, but not professional enough to give accurate info. When I asked one waitress if they served the same food each afternoon, she mentioned they had 8-day cycles. They had never served kebabs, she said, Pasta yes.

No comments: