Friday, March 28, 2008

An Overnight Vacation that Costs...

On Wednesday next week, we intend to go to Villa Escudero in Tiaong Quezon for one night. Years back, I wanted to take my son there because of its man-made falls that look like combed, shiny hair, from a picture my husband took of it when we went there years back. My son wasn't around yet then.

A few months ago my son saw pictures of the place and wanted to go there to take pictures himself, so I made some calls. Prices are steep. They charge on a per person basis and the accommodations with aircon cost P5000 plus with three meals. Corkage will be charged if you bring soft drinks. Yes, soft drinks. You may only bring in junk food and mineral water. My goodness.

Methinks the exorbitant charges are due to the fact that they cater to balikbayans. My husband thinks they want to maintain exclusivity. This I'll have to investigate. Feeling Sherlock Holmes?

Will have more to write after our trip. Hope everything will be worth the P20k plus. I always rationalize that we don't go abroad anyway....

No comments: