Sunday, March 9, 2008

After Sales Service

Last year,when my husband and I were looking for a PSP for my son, we chanced upon what we thought was the best store we could find: Mobile Care on the 3rd floor of V Mall. The owner, a bespectacled young man, was friendly. He consulted an assistant re PSP games occasionally, while assuring us that after our purchase of the PSP unit, we could just drop by his store any time so he could load the games my son wanted. At the time we purchased the unit, our son wasn't with us because the unit was supposed to be a surprise for him.

But the surprise was on us. Weeks later, we visited the store with my son so he could have some games loaded. The owner wasn't around, sorry. Fine. The next time we came, he was there, my son wasn't with us. He said, just tell your son to download the following games from this website. We went home, his suggestion didn't work.

Yesterday, we went back to his shop, he wasn't there again. So much for free after sales service. Never again at Mobile Care. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

So we hied off to E2G Game Zone, also on the third floor of V Mall. A Filipino assistant attended to us very politely and then said after we had arranged with him what should be done to come back after 30 minutes. His boss would take care of putting the games in the memory stick. We returned to the shop before the end of 30 minutes and while the Chinese boss,another young man hadn't finished loading the games, he was competent. He knew what he was doing and even found viruses in the memory card we had bought a year ago. Not serious ones, he assured. His goods (gam stuff like Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3)were reasonably priced, much lower than in SM PowerPlant, Mobile 1,etc. And again, he knew what he was doing. He didn't have to ask questions of his staff. Hopefully he doesn't end up being like the "Greek" of Mobile Care. He assured me we could come back if my son encountered any problems with the games we "bought". yes, we had to pay but at least we didn't have to contend with the stress of waiting for someone who promised free games but didn't deliver because he was either not around or too lazy.

***********

When I told my son of the owner of E2G he said, "you know, that's a career option for me." I said,"I thought of that too,but you'd need a lot of capital to set up such a store." But my son can dream, can't he? And dream big...

No comments: