Friday, March 7, 2008

Just a short one ---I think--- on Philippine politics

yesterday, I got this text message: "Rodolfo `Jun' Lozada for president. Pls pass."

the phone didn't register a name, just a number. But I couldn't resist texting back, "Are you serious?" I was being kind. What I really wanted to text back was "Are you joking?" I didn't get a reply at any rate.

Please... while I'm glad he let out all the secrets re the government deals, that is certainly not enough to convince me to think he will make a good Philippine president. So of course I didn't pass on the text. Hello. Sure, Jesus Christ said "He who is without sin may cast the first stone" but aren't there any Filipinos around who are clean or at least cleaner than Jun Lozada? Who haven't enriched themselves in office, who don't/didn't have a mistress and 3 children?

Oh boy...... can't we do better than this? Can't we have someone more morally upright> That the nuns, brothers and priests protect him has apparently sent the signal that he's okay? That it's all right to have him for president?

Sad.......

No comments: