Sunday, March 23, 2008

neither here nor there





Weeks back, I bought a box of Toffifee. My son said it was difficult to extricate one from the individual casings. I got the thing from him and said, "push it from the bottom like this." As I pushed, it flew. My son laughed, his point exactly. The motion reminded me of a board game we had as children: Tiddly Winks. Our set wasn't in a tin box but basically it looked like the picture you can find in this blog entry.

***********

ON our way home yesterday, as I gazed at the sky on the drive home from Power Plant, I saw this massive black smoke in the sky. My husband looked and said it looked like fire. we tried to guess where the fire might be: Pasig? Marikina? From along the overpass in Katipunan, this was how the smoke looked.



When we got home, I asked the maid if they heard news about a fire. They said no but heard the blare of fire trucks. This morning they told me there was a fire in Antipolo and/or Marikina yesterday. In a shoe factory.

No comments: