Sunday, March 9, 2008

MacBook 2.0

Hahaha. I'm using my new macBook 2.0 which I got without knowing all the specs. All I knew when I got it was that it was 40% cheaper than the one my son got a year ago and it had a Leopard OS. What's that? It's supposed to faster than the tiger OS. What does that mean? Who knows? Certainly, not I.

Funny because I was a bit apprehensive that my son would feel short-changed when he saw my MacBook, although he knew I was getting one, if he saw it had higher specs than his. He was jubilant, it has lower specs: 80GB as opposed to 120MB, no DVD writer, just a reader, etc. Do I care? not really because I never had use for the DVD writer in my previous laptop. yes it had that but no bluetooth or infrared. Win some, lose some.

As usual, I got this from Mobile 1 in the Podium where the cashier knows us. We always feel welcome at the store.

There I saw this cute contraption, it's circular and looks like a springy stress ball but is supposed to be a speaker for things like Ipods, PSPs, etc. Costs 1200 pesos and I might get it rather than a real speaker system. Sometimes I fear turning deaf from listening to my Ipod using earphones. Next time I go to Podium I will. They also have this Lego speaker but my husband said it doesn't register sound well.

I'll be back in a spell. want to tweak this new toy which has such colorful icons at the bottom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yehey! I didn't think you'd succumb to this temptation in a short time (less than a year after I switched). Welcome to the club and I am sure that, after a short getting-to-know-Mac time, you'd never return to the Other OS.

In the meantime, I suggest that you join PhilMUG so somebody's going to answer your questions if Busy Husband and Busy Son are not around and Busy Cousin's too busy. :)

I thought you'd mention "entry level" - I thought that was very techie. Tee hee.

Take a picture of that "springy thing". I'm interested! Sounds very cute. What brand is it? And yes, the Lego thing sounds tinny.

Did you notice how "colorful" everything is in Mac? Tweak your settings bala and you will discover a lot. I even changed some of my icons. You will learn about it from the PhilMug. Cute.