Sunday, March 16, 2008

So Many Things

An hour or so ago, I was channel surfing (is that what you call it?) when I chanced upon Net 25 where images of Sitti in black and white showed. I promptly moved on to the next channel when I decided to return to Net 25. That was a good decision because the show which was showing those pictures was Spoon, hosted by Janice de Belen. Months back, Nestor U. Torre reviewed the first issue of the show which had Ronnie Ricketts and Mariz as guests. Today's replay showed Sitti (that was around 9 a.m., I think the original telecast is Sunday nights). I'm almost sure I'll try to catch this show every Monday because as NUT wrote, Janice is a very competent and involved TV host who listens. Yes, she's not the type who asks such long questions that all the guest can manage is a "yes" or "no". Maybe Janice has also been lucky in the sense that she has gotten good guests. Sitti is schooled (deans lister, UP Business Eco graduate) and she's interesting. No airs, very down to earth. She's appealing even when she talks. Very candid as she tried to cook chicken, coached by her uncle off-camera. The show is less frenetic and less frantic than Janice's other show, Sis. Even Janice's hairstyle here is simpler, she doesn't try to look sexy or smart. She doesn't need to. She's more interesting that way.

****************

A few minutes ago, my sister texted that someone's child from Bacolod was kidnapped here in Manila. Ransom asked for was millions of pesos, but ultimately, the kidnappers settled for a million. Why are the kidnappers at it again?

***************

Back to Sitti. She mentioned that her mom is with her during all her gigs. And I've seen her mom in one such at Richmonde Hotel. She was sitting afar off with Sitti's brother, she was just there.

While my son is nowhere near the stature of Sitti and may never be, I, like Sitti's mom, try to make it a point to watch all the shows my son is in. He gets teased about it, I'm sure, and for a while there, I have thought of going slow on it. But should I?


I'm almost sure I won't. Years back, a grade school/high school classmate confessed that while she used to tease me that my father was always bringing me to school during those years, deep down, she was jealous that my father did.

Maybe, years from now, history will repeat itself?

*****************

A new, at least to me, discovery. Sugus mints. In college, a Chinese classmate gave me Sugus candy. I so liked it (especially the strawberry flavored), a seemingly more expensive-tasting (smoother) version of Fruitella. Later, Sugus didn't taste as good. Same with Fruitella. Maybe they changed something in the formulation?

Some weeks back, however, I bought a pack of Sugus mints: it comes thinner than Fruitella but that's all right. One can always gobble two at a time. It's smooth and soothing. Try it. I'll try to post a picture of it once I get the contraption that allows me to transfer pictures to my laptop. The thingy is with my husband.

No comments: