Monday, March 31, 2008

Breakfast and EDSA

I'd rather have posted these pictures in my multiply site as mere pictures without labels and will likely do the EDSA ones as soon as a I have enough, but anyway, here they are:

The first picture is of the LRT (MRT?) as it swooped past my left side.


The next is of a truck with tanks of Acetylene gas that reminded me of what we used in the house when I was a young girl. Wonder if that's what it's called still.



The next is of a protracted mural/art work along a wall in EDSA. Such pieces always make me wonder why MMDA takes it on but doesn't proceed with it all the way. Just blotches them here and there. Paucity of budget? In Singapore I think they go all the way with no less than the late Pacita Abad taking the project on.




Truth to tell, I brought out the camera when I saw the streamers of BF along EDSA. They came in different sizes depending on the size of the concrete post. They had hues of pink, as usual (attesting to the saying "REAL MEN WEAR PINK"?). So much for the old missive "Post no bill". Sadly, I was too slow on the draw and by the time I got my camera out, there were none to behold. These were mostly in the intersection of EDSA and Ortigas, in the underpass area.


Also very visible were "wanted:_____" , a scion of a rich family allegedly turned _____. I'd rather not say what out of respect for his now dead mother who seemed such a lady. Hard to miss streamers of him as they're in all the main arteries in Metro Manila: EDSA, C-5, Commonwealth Avenue and only goodness knows, where else.

And now for my breakfast picture. Can you guess what they are? The green thingy was handed by a child to my husband when he went jogging Easter Sunday. The maid said it wouldn't keep so before having her eat it, I took a shot for sentimental reasons.


No comments: