Monday, March 17, 2008

Pink Sony Vaio and then some

yesterday, at shangrila mall, we saw the SONY outlet. I told my husband, "Let's not go in." He asked, "Why?" I said, "I might regret getting the MacBook" because I would also have liked a pink Vaio. But naughty he, he promptly turned the wheelchair to the store and I could only sighhhhh. But lucky me, there was no Pink Sony Vaio in sight, just a pink envelope which looked strawberry sweet. It was pearlized pink and edged with a darker pink shimmering material. I rationalized it would get dirty easily. Initially I thought of getting the pink case so at least I'd have a pink techie-related thingy. But the thingy cost P3650. SO of course, I bade it goodbye after touching and opening it. . The sales clerk, an amiable young man asked, "May Vaio ka?" I said, "Apple." He then consoled me, "Apple yan, maganda naman yan." But the specs of the Sony Vaio were a wow. Couldn't remember what they were exactly but they were really impressive, with numbers higher than my MacBook.


**********

We were at a college classmate's condo two weeks ago, at another's just last week. Both had LCD TVs, Samsung I think, at least one of them had. 32-inch. Swoon, I thought. A goal I set for myself until another classmate dampened my resolve by saying LCD TVs have a short "shelf life". CRTs have longer lives, he said. Oh well, I'll just have to be content with my CRT TV. I can't afford to spend so much on something which may not last for a long time. Sour grapes no?

No comments: