Sunday, March 30, 2008

Evita Peroni stuff - caveat emptor

Less than a year ago, I bought a number of hair accessories because I wanted to grow my hair but it wasn't growing well. I thought getting hair accessories would help them look neater. I bought 3 separate items from Evita Peroni in either Power Plant or Rustan's Shangrila.

My experiences; The black plastic hairband remains intact to this day. Here's a picture.




The brown clip which had mostly brown beads before morphed. Some beads turned blue, some others green. How politically correct. Both Ateneo and La Salle are represented. But I bought the clip because I wanted a brown clip. Before this clip morphed, I got a third hair accessory. But before I go into that, here's how the clip looks now.






The third: It's a ponytail thingy. Beads were all brown, some bigger ones were copperish or clear. Months later, the brown beads morphed into either blue or green. Not all but a good number.



Last week, when we passed by Evita Peroni in Rustan's, the sales clerk greeted me. Tough luck for her, I remembered about my hair thingies and told her. She said to bring them over so she can tell the office about it. yesterday, we were in Shang but I didn't have the hair pieces so I couldn't show her anything.

Tonight, we were in Power Plant and that gave me a chance to show the hair thingies to the sales clerks there. They said, "we'll ask the office." How hostile, how cold. She said I might have worn them while my hair was wet. The beads were coated brown and not really brown. I said, if as you claim they discolored because they got wet, what about the beads on top of the clip? They didn't touch my hair. She grew quiet.

No comments: