Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Godin Acoustic guitar

September last year got my son a Godin acoustic guitar. Last night, he restrung it for the first time and after he had done so, the pickups of three strings refused to work.

This morning my husband went to Yupangco in Makati to have it evaluated. They were able to fix the pickups of two strings but not the third. They would have to order the part and expected the said part to come in 30 to 45 days. Sounds familiar?

Nokia 2630 would be ready for me in two to three weeks time. What would I use in the meantime if I had no extra phone?

Godin will take 30-45 weeks for its parts to be ready. IF my son had no extra guitar, what could he use for his gigs?

Shouldn't an item still under warranty be replaced outright?

2 comments:

Bugsy said...

This post reminds me of the reason why I finally decided to buy myself an iPod. For one or two years before that, I had been pining for an iPod (drooling, I think, would be a more appropriate term) but was always thinking "what would I do if it needed repair? I can't go all the way to Manila just to have my iPod repaired!"

Then a friend of mine who works in HK told me about her experience. She was on her way home to the Phil. with her newly bought iPod when it slipped her hand at the HK airport. Since it was boarding time, all she could do was to pick up the pieces and put these in an envelope. Since she lives near Rockwell, the first thing she did when she got there was to go to the Apple Center at The Power Plant. They took the envelope, no questions asked, and said, "Come back in a week." When she did, she got a brand new iPod. (She had to wait too but at least she got a brand new product.)

In 1980, when my dad bought an Apple computer and after a few days, we complained of a weird clacking sound in one of the hard disks, they sent a technician all the way to Bacolod within the week with a new hard disk! We bought two more Apple computers within the month.

antonette said...

Thanks for your comment. My niece had a pleasant experience with her Palm Pilot when it broke down too. I think she was asked to ship it to Singapore via DHL and they replaced it.

Currently, I am a reluctant Apple convert. I have an IPOD and it's one purchase I don't at all regret except that recently, they showed a pink version of my green NANO. I should have waited. arrgh. And of course while this apple Mac Book is okay, it takes some getting used to. Occasionally, I go to my old Compaq with two stripes and when I'm on it, it feels like an old friend. I guess, in time, MacBook will become a friend too. Thing is, I can't still load new songs using it to my IPOD because though there is a Senuti software in it, I'm not sure I'll do things correctly.

Did you notice, Multiply doesn't allow downloads anymore?