Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sandwich again

Last night it was past midnight when my son arrived. He had been invited to audition for a choir and had just come home from it. He was hungry so I ordered food from McDO for him-- thank God for 24-hour delivery. One need not wake up a sleeping maid.

Now Sandwich -- no, not the one from McDO but the band. I was impressed. As I tried to stay awake to keep my son company, I was channel surfing when I chanced on MYX. There were two young men each holding an electric guitar so I stopped right there, almost certain my son would want me to. He looked up from his laptop and began to listen. As I did. The two men weren't playing the guitar non-stop. They were actually talking about playing the guitar. They taught different techniques and notes/chords and that truly impressed me. They were decently/cleanly dressed in clean looking T-shirts. Their haircuts were such that they wouldn't be nagged into going to the barber by their moms for one. I was really impressed. They weren't the head banging type, they could actually speak or walk the talk or rather talk the walk. Whatever...

So I shouldn't be fearful that my son will turn out to be a head banger despite his belonging to 2 bands. Sandwich is very reassuring.

No comments: