Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Burma and Mr. Aung

The thing going on in Burma is depressing, distressing, especially because years back when my son had a project that necessitated his submission of Myanmar-related info, I called up their embassy in Makati. A Mr. Aung ( I cannot now remember his first name) answered my call and even more, he compiled materials for me and lent me his son's national costume: a top, pants and a head gear. He was hoping it would fit my son, he said, but while I knew this unlikely (his son was a young grade school student, mine was in high school), I borrowed it nonetheless and thanked him afterwards. I never saw him but my husband did as it was he who went up the embassy to pick up the things. Even for the sake of that one Myanmar person I've ever spoken with, I hope the problem in his country will be settled soonest and lives spared.

No comments: