Sunday, October 7, 2007

Places and Sites Forever Etched in My Memory Bank

We were in fourth year high school then, up in the Lacson ranch in Mount Kanlaon. It was raining and there was a mist. We were in the enclosed gazebo having our retreat. We had our windbreakers/sweaters on. It was beautiful.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

flowers -- there's this kind of flower whose name I don't know: it has leaves that resemble a banana plant's but smaller. They grow tall and come in very striking colors. The first time I noticed them was outside the house along the corner of our street. They came in bright hues of yellow and red. Lately they have become more prevalent. Along White Plains Road I always see them and swoon. I got a few but as the saying goes, one is never satisfied with what one has. The colors I got were a dull pink and a dull yellow orange. I prefer the bright yellow hibiscus I have (okay, gumamela) though they are not the same shade as the bright yellow I had years back. But they make me happy because they are bright colored. I think flowers should have bright hues. One of these days I'll yet buy those brightly colored flowers I so like. But first I have to convince my husband to stop by the gardens in White Plains. Before my birthday, I hinted several times that he could just get me two of those at P250 each so I'd have them in the garden. But my hints fell on deaf ears. Oh well...

No comments: