Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A New Sandwich Song

When the band to which my son belongs sang in Hard Rock, two bands later, SANDWICH performed. As I couldn't stand the loudness of it all, I left but my husband stayed on. SANDWICH, according to him, has this new song about a barkada saying let's eat out. Then one asks, "where?" Somebody answers "Anywhere." Then somebody suggests, "McDO." thereafter the one who said anywhere says, "Huwag naman diyan."

This is an awfully common scenario, one my family of 3 is guilty of, mostly me. In fact I'd now tend to say, "Anywhere; but not McDO, Jollibee, Shakey's, or anywhere with a branch in Katipunan." Logical, di ba? We can get food from those restos anytime of the week, but we go to the mall at most twice a week. Sometimes I also draw the line on Fish and CO and CPK. Fish and Co - I can only stand so much of fish and chips, and CPK, Pizza for me isn't a meal. It's merienda. So again, spare me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, this post reminds me of an anecdote told to me by a former colleague. She comes from Calatrava so, of course, no McDo or Jollibee there. Once, her brother (who works in Bacolod, almost next door to a Jollibee outlet) took one of their nephews around Bacolod (it was a first-time trip to the city for the 5-year old nephew). They soon found out that the boy was obssessed about eating at Jollibee and no matter how they tried, he could not be dissuaded until one of them said, "Ay sus, toto, indi ko to ya magkaon kay mari-it (haunted) ang Jollibee ... ga dako tyan mo mag ka-on ka to (then she pointed to the mascot)". That solved their problem.