Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Manila Pen

Two summers ago, I think it was, or maybe last year, we checked in at Manila Peninsula for two nights. I wasn't then feeling very well and had an upset tummy in Ayala Museum of all places. What sparked that upset tummy? Indigestion. Our stay entitled us to free breakfast and I wanted to be healthy so I had orange juice, fruits, hot chocolate, bangus with eggs and I don't know what else. I could hardly eat the bangus and true enough, soon after breakfast, while we were in the Museum, I had chills and felt queasy. I threw up. Horrible experience and all because I was eating healthy. Oh well. We canceled our trip to Power Plant in the hotel car, which I found a pity.

For two nights we watched the bands performing in the Conservatory. The main attraction then was Hyper Beat. But the bands which performed before them were much better really. Pity I couldn't remember their names. They sang Bohemian Rhapsody very well.

A few weeks later, we found out that The Conservatory was no more. I guess because it wasn't drawing in too many people.

No comments: