Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Chinese Food

Chinese lauriats are a lot of fun. One never knows what's coming next. It is best to eat Chinese lauriats in the company of Chinese friends who can patiently explain what are being served. Bryan and Jimmy on separate occasions provided me with a lot of info and anecdotes, like did you know that when the tail of cooked fish goes upwards then that means the fish was fresh when it was cooked? Whoa. That info told me a lot of the fish I've eaten were not fresh after all.

We were at Harbor City, now called something else, in Wilson St. Greenhills lately. The first dish served was pancit something. We were guests and I was too embarrassed to ask what the dish was called. Anyway, it was the best pancit I've ever tasted and I like pancit! It was moist and had a lot of meats and vegetables. I've eaten pancit that were so sparsely "decorated" that I had to scrounge around for the meat and vegetables under the huge pile of noodles. (It was called birthday noodles, I later found out)

At Harbor City too, the pork asado was a wow. Way, way back, I liked asado very much. There was this asado noodle soup in the Plaza (?) Restaurant in Makati which served it and I was sad when the resto vanished. It was beside Gift Gate in front of Glorietta. Anyway that was really good. Since then that asado became my standard and every slice of asado I ate paled in comparison. They were just so dry. But at Harbor City, the asado was truly very good. Thus by the first two dishes of the lauriat, I was so happy that I didn't really care about what were served next. The thing with Chinese lauriats is that crabs are always served last but by then I'm usually too full to bother with them, plus they're so difficult to eat.

Also partook of the lauriat in Crowne Galleria and it was good. Same with the one in Century Park Sheraton (is that how it's called till now?)

No comments: