Sunday, May 13, 2007

Italian restaurants

For a long time now, a cousin's wife has been telling me about Amici. Once, she and her family even gave me a half gallon of blueberry ice cream from the place. While I'm not exactly a blueberry fan, I enjoyed it till the last scoop. I told my husband and son about eating there (it's in Makati) but my suggestions were ignored.

Luckily a friend of my son's told him the pizza in the place was good. Well if a mom's suggestion can be dismissed so easily, not so a friend's. So finally we went to Amici.

It is along Pasay Road within Don Bosco's premises. One can easily miss it. Best to go there from Pasong Tamo by taking a left turn I think. At any rate, parking is difficult so one should pray hard that it is available or one should go to the place during non-peak hours. Like at 10 a.m. when it opens. It closes at 9 p.m. and on Sundays and election day.

My son and his friend shared an all-meat pizza, my husband ordered a salmon pasta, I ordered osso buco. Wow, everything tasted really, really good. I liked the osso buco best. The meat seemed to melt in my mouth. And the gelato was great at P40 a scoop. All in all, we spent some P1000 I think, with soft drinks. After the meal we got a loaf of bread, a tray of ensaimadas, some crinkles, 4 cheese rolls and paid only P190. Sadly, only the crinkles seemed good enough to buy again. The rest were so-so.

The place is certainly worth trying out and we intend to go back. There's no ambiance to speak of, it is actually a cafeteria. But the people are friendly except for the man in the parking area. Maybe he was just having a bad day...

Oops I just realized I wrote Italian restaurants. I'll make another post for the second Italian restaurant... maybe later.

No comments: