Thursday, May 17, 2007

Back to reality

For a month, two maids who had been with me for over five years left for a one-month vacation. So I called a maid I had for 7 years from Bacolod to come over. She brought along her two daughters and had one stay here with her, while the two others went to her sister's but would sleep over occasionally. Now that maid was energetic, could cook breakfast in 20 minutes max, came to the room with a smile, our water bill went down to P400 from P1200, my supplies for cleaning lasted two weeks instead of one, etc. Yesterday the 2 vacationers came back. So today I woke up, not to a smile but to heavy faces. Breakfast took 40 minutes to cook. I asked for my box of ready to cook brownies to be given to me. They couldn't find it. I went to look for it and found it... Not that I don't appreciate the two maids who came back. It's just I wish they smiled more and had a more determined disposition like the one with the 3 daughters. Oh well, life isn't perfect. Occasionally it gives one a respite, then it's back to reality. Not that the maid with 3 daughters is perfect. the other day I asked her to look for my box of Tabasco sauce. She said there was none. Only Heinz. Fine. But I was sure I had tabasco. When i looked for the brownies mixture, I found not one but 2 boxes of Tabasco.

No comments: