Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Eat Bulaga

My favorite noontime show has taken the route of Wowwowweee (sorry if that's wrongly spelled as I don't watch the latter regularly. Can't stand the host)in the sense that it features a lot of games and even has the audience participating in some of its cheers. A pity, I think, but I guess it is a matter of ensuring the patronage of TV and live viewers. At any rate what I would like to focus on now would be the guests of the show, the guests meaning its contestants. They have some commonalities even as they come from different sectors. These are as follows:

1. more often than not, if the contestant is a married lady, her husband does not have work. It's the wife who works for a living. And worries too.

2. A relative of the contestant is sick but cannot be brought to the doctor for lack of funds.

3. The contestant or a relative has had to stop schooling because of the paucity of finances.

4. The contestant's relative -- mother, father, brother or sister-- is abroad, earning a living.

Sometimes, I catch myself crying with the above contestants. The hosts are similarly affected on occasion, among them Francis M and Allan K. That's why I love Eat Bulaga because its hosts show a lot of compassion. They empathize with their guests!

No comments: