Sunday, January 27, 2008

Whew!

Today is a day of transitions for at least two reasons. I finally submitted all the work I needed to and have been slaving over for the past two months. What a relief. So this morning, I had the room thoroughly cleaned (or so I hope) while I stayed in the sala reading newspapers dating as far back as December. So I didn't read the news pages (they being by now history), just the features. I am not through yet, perhaps it will take me another two days.

The other transition: Maid C has finally left. The other day at 4 pm, I asked if she was ironing the clothes she was supposed to. Her answer, "mangape pa ko". And she looked like she had just awakened. She was getting truly offensive because I guess she knew she was leaving anyway. In the past I had maids whom I'd cry about when they were about to leave. This one's departure makes me feel so free. Her sister and cousin (Maids A and B) were determined to see her go as she had a girlfriend and they were worried because she had suicidal tendencies. IN the past, she supposedly slashed her wrist when her girlfriend left her. Scary.....

So now I have a new Maid C. An unwed mom who got pregnant over a year ago, maybe two years, while she was in my employ. Her paramour was working at our neighbor's office. Will she do a reprise? I hope not. the man refused to marry her. I hope she has since learned her lesson. I like this maid because she's always smiling but she can be too engaging. In fact, a friend of mine whom she accompanied to a restaurant nearby to get dessert said my maid had interviewed her, asking if she had a boyfriend. (the answer was no). this maid can be flirty too. Once a tutee of mine asked, "where's your other maid?" I said "she's gone." They had each other's cell phone number! MY GOOLAI. Maid C is pretty.

oooooooyyyyyyyy miracle. Maid A asked me what I wanted heated for lunch as she was going to the bank. One friend who read my blog said she's sosy for always being at the bank. Wonder if she has a boyfriend there??? Just kidding. Maybe she has lots of money? ooooooooopppppppppppps.

No comments: