Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We're Lost! and how Globe Find helped


Last Saturday, my son and the group to which he belongs sang at a wedding in Greenhills. He drove himself and found his way to the church easily. We didn't hear from him until after the mass when he called my cell and said, "Ma, we're lost! Can you locate us?"

This is not a commercial for Globe but may well sound like one. You see, a year or so ago I registered in Globe Find after a mom told me of how impressed she was when her son went to Bacolod and she located him in Robinson's. She also told me of how the same feature of GLobe helped locate a friend of her husband's whose relative had passed away. The tracker said the friend was in Eastwood.

So hastily, I enrolled my son with his permission. If he hadn't sad yes, I'd have coerced him. I registered my husband too but as his phone is Smart and I have since not used my Smart phone, I cannot track him any longer. Hmmmmmmmmm. But that's another story.

Back to Saturday. Before my son called, I had tracked him because I wanted to know if they were out of Greenhills. What I found out through GLobe was that he was still in Greenhills. So when he called and I said, "You're in Greenhills," he said, "no we aren't. That was earlier." So I decided to text "Find..." to 7000 again, and this time, it said he was in Sta. Mesa, near Stop and Shop. He was supposed to have headed for Promenade in Greenhills, across (though diagonally) from the church. Bayani and his NO U-TURNS.

My husband was alarmed, "they're so far away."

I said, "please relax and just help him." So they talked, put down the phone so my son could park the car somewhere so they could talk again and my husband could give him directions. To cut a long story short, things worked out and when I next tracked my son, he was where he should be.

Okay, sometimes, the system has glitches. How do i know? Sometimes, out of mere curiosity, (though it costs Php5 per find) I'd have my son found within a few minutes of each other and though he'd have moved by then to another place, the answer would still be the same. Sometimes too, the location given is a bit off but I guess, within a certain radius of where he actually is. Thankfully, though, when the correct info was most needed, Globe delivered. Thanks, Globe.

*************

This is not about my son anymore but about a nephew. He works in Ortigas and was on his way to the Scout areas or somewhere. He missed a U-turn, decided to turn somewhere and ended in Makati. Darn Bayani. So my nephew decided to go home to Loyola instead of going to the party with his friends in the Scout area.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

One time we were at the Acropolis clubhouse. We wanted to go to Omakase which was across the entrance of Acropolis subdivision. But no thanks to bayani, we had to travel maybe a kilometer or so and back so we could get to Omakase. Bayani doesn't believe in energy conservation, I guess.

No comments: