Sunday, January 13, 2008

Odds and ends

Blogs back, I wrote of the Marks and Spencer blouse I bought for an engagement party where, to my consternation and I'll bet hers too, a classmate was wearing a similar blouse. Here's a picture of the said blouse. It has a matching sash, maybe an inch and a half wide. Doesn't look like much in this picture but when one sees it in the store, one swoons. Maybe they iron better?




Then here's a picture of the first thing I read every Sunday in the Inquirer. It's a lot of fun. It has a part "... and why we're moved, if we're moved." Showbiz gossip is so entertaining and so are the writers.


I also like reading the column of Lydia Castillo in the magazine of Philippine Star and Margaux Salcedo's in the Sunday Inquirer magazine. Sometimes, all the articles in the latter are worth reading. But I haven't read yesterday's yet. Have had no time. Maybe within the week.



There are days when I cannot read the newspaper. Okay, make that several days in a row. So the pile goes higher and higher, one would think I was having a newspaper drive in the room. Dust galore. One of these days, I'll take a picture of the pile. It's not so bad now, it was worse weeks ago. And to think I buy only 4 days a week: Thursday to Sunday. Thursdays I buy because of the articles on food, Friday because I like reading Kinny Salas (sometimes I get The Inquirer only) and Jessica Zafra. Saturdays has Barbara Gonzales and real estate features. Still dreaming of getting my own place, haha. Sundays of course, the magazines, Lucy Torres and occasionally, Jim Paredes. I only read the opinion writers sometimes because usually they have something bad/sad to say. I'd rather be happy.

Here's a bonus (?%&*#). Our Christmas picture. My son's very happy that the maid took the shot with the ball looking like it's levitating. Notice the Christmas tree on my blouse? That was given by a doctor friend who has enough to last a month. I asked if her patients noticed, she said the nurses did. She has pins for elegant occasions and a lot for everyday use. So she gave me the Christmas tree which has a small light bulb that flickers when provoked. Kidding, when invoked. The picture should have had a golden reindeer but the maid wasn't able to focus correctly. (she took one without the reindeer but I looked like I had a triple (not just double chin) Look at how serious my husband looks. He always does when the maid takes the picture. There were others where he looked even more tense.


We didn't have a photo taken against the Christmas tree because positioning ourselves near it would have been like going through a war zone: my sons keyboard, some chairs, boxes, etc. This coming December, I'll take a picture to show what I mean.

Oh and by the way, the ball came from my son's friend who survived the accident by assuming a fetal position. he himself doesn't like playing basketball but joins the group for company. Cute of him to give such a well thought-out present, no? Wonder what Joey would have gotten my son if he were still alive. Fruit-based cake? Some Christmases ago, he texted to ask me if my son had Jobim bossa style. So that's what he gave my son that Christmas.

No comments: