Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Maids ... hard to live without them, hard to live with them

Maid A is the cook. Shortly before lunch, she either decides to take a bath, go to the bank or do something that will make her disappear when she is needed. She also works very slowly. One time a cousin ordered pastel de pollo and macaroni. Cousin said she'd get it at 5. When I asked the maid what time she thought we should start, she said 8 a.m. so we can take our time. Heavens.

Maid B. She's the one supposed to know where my things are, medicines included. Once I asked her for Buscopan. She gave me Mucosolvan. I said, "Buscopan." She said, "Sinutab?" Darn. Then this noon, as I was about to eat my Chow King Chao fan which was rather spicy, I asked her for hoisin sauce to go with the recycled roasted duck we had in Spring Moon last Saturday. Maid A as usual was elsewhere (in the bank, I remember). Maid B said, "ketchup?" I said, "Hoisin." The ketchup in sachets from Pizza Hut were on the table so they were the first thing she saw. I said, "in the ref, red cover." She lifted a bottle of Japanese mayonnaise. I said, "Red bottle, hoisin." She showed me teriyaki sauce. After some time, she said there was no hoisin. I told her to check in the ref in the kitchen. After a while she came back with nothing. I texted Maid A in the bank and she said it was in the ref in the room. Meanwhile Maid B was looking in the shelves where we keep the groceries, though I said it should be in the ref. Finally she checked in the ref again. It was there. I asked why she didn't see it the first time. She said she had only looked on the top-most shelf. arrghhhhhhh.

Sometimes I wonder if they annoy me deliberately.

4 comments:

Kevin Ray N. Chua said...

Hi there Antoine. I am Kevin Ray Chua, the blogger of http://marroxas2010.blogspot.com

I would like to ask for your help in my online signature campaign to urge Mar Roxas to run for President in 2010.

Please check http://marroxas2010.blogspot.com/2008/01/show-your-love-build-momentum.html for more details on the FEB. 14 Campaign. I need to get 500 signatures by that date.

I hope you can blog about it and forward the message to your entire contacts.

Thanks a lot for making a wise choice!

Unknown said...

Can Maid B read? I think she also has poor hearing that's why she keeps on guessing what it is that you want.

I'd rather have Maid A BUT I will forbid her from going away just before, during and immediately after lunch.

antonette said...

My goodness, sometimes I wonder too if they're color blind and can count. You see, I have a code number of buzzes per maid so that no one is victimized to come every time I buzz. But what do you know, Maids A and B always have a relative who comes as Maid C, like a younger sibling, whom they'd tell I called even if I buzzed their (Maids A and B's) code.

Anonymous said...

I want to laugh but this is no longer funny. Your maid are sadists. Send them back to where they came from!

Hay. I had to post this answer 3 times. This is the 4th. Is something wrong with Blogger?