Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wedding Ninang 2

So this is how it feels to be asked again, ambivalent. It's touching that one is thought worthy to be a wedding sponsor but the more mundane issues involved in being one are mind-boggling: what to wear, who'll do the makeup, what to give. It's no wonder that a friend who was asked to be ninang accepted but didn't attend the ceremony. She didn't even send a proxy.

I don't want to do that because the couple about to be wedded is special to me, but what about the details? For one, I'll have to TRY to lose weight. TRY is the operative word there. Whether I'll succeed is another matter. is it bad to be fat and be a wedding ninang? I've seen pictures in the papers of obese wedding sponsors, may I be one of them? No, not in the papers, but just fat and a wedding sponsor.

At least I know where I'll have my gown/get-up made. And I won't buy new sandals, neither a new bag. And I'll borrow my sister's jewelry again - she doesn't know it yet. Hahahaha. In such instances, how I wish I were male. Then I could just wear one of my old barongs, black pants, black shoes, black socks, right? Why is the world so unfair?

pressure.

No comments: