Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My other blog

or as my favorite cousin, Mama's side puts it, MOB. I started one last week. Wala lang. I was surfing the Net and saw some blogs written in WordPress and they looked interesting. Way back, my cousin also told me about WordPress but I didn't have as much time then as I do now (too much in fact, now) to explore stuff. So finally I did. My other blog's name is derdo.wordpress.com (click here to access it). Unlike this blog which only my chosen few access except for Mar Roxas' admirer and the occasional boleros who just want to advertise by commenting, the wordpress blog has received some hits. The only one who knew about it was Chona and she couldn't have accessed it that much. It's fun looking at the number of views made, actually. It leads me to wonder who accessed my site. No way of knowing, actually, unlike in multiply where I also have a site: antoinelepelican.multiply.com or click here This one you're reading though will be my most private. Though I imported a good number of the entries from this blog to wordpress, I deleted those that were too passionate, too personal. So basically what MOB contains are entries that will hopefully enlighten people re certain places, purchases, etc.

Presently, I am in the sala blogging. A rare experience actually, one which afforded me the chance to hear my son playing his keyboard for hours. You see I had the aircon in the room undergo general cleaning (c/o VIREX, which I believe has a branch in Bacolod) and to take advantage of the disarray which that undertaking results in, I had the maid clean up the room thereafter. Which meant, I had to move to the sala where I made a key lime pie following one of the recipes I found in the Net, Lina, and while it didn't exactly taste like the one in Mamou, it's edible. I'll let husband taste it later and hear what he has tot say. Anyway, it was while I was making the pie in the sala when my son came in from his walk back home from school. And so he stayed on in the sala and played the keyboard cum piano. Some pieces were familiar, some his own creations. A friend asked him to play the piano for the debut of his girlfriend's sister soon. Now son is beside me, doing stuff in his laptop. Most likely he's surfing, but I don't want to peek.

Earlier too he showed me something he bought from an Aeta in front of National Bookstore in Katipunan. I'll take its picture. Darn the picture didn't look good. I tried to take it with the videocam. Later again. Anyway, it's a bamboo thing that the Aeta was selling. It could make bird-like sounds. My son got one for P70 and the Aeta taught him how to use it. Fill the receptacle with water up to a certain level, blow into the tube, etc. It's like a flute that looks like a pitcher with a spout. Or like a pipe. So I heard my son make birdlike sounds using this too. It has nice art work, besides: . What a nice afternoon I'm having all because of the aircon cleaners.

We ordered McDo burgers: he a double cheeseburger meal go big time, me a cheesburger meal. I used a coupon he brought home from a friend so his go big time aspect didn't require our paying additional. Funny cause I as asked the operator who took my order for some coupons and when the delivery boy came, he handed over a whole stack, maybe an inch and a half high. We'd need a decade to finish all these except that it's expiring May 31. Maybe, that's why he gave so many.

Will post the picture of the bird thing later, promise.

No comments: