Friday, May 9, 2008

Shorts on Some Personalities

One evening while we were in Power Plant, I saw Apples Aberin Sadhwani. She walked past us. Then I saw her walk from behind. She has a cute gait. She was in flats and she walked with a slight bounce that was very feminine. I don't know if that showed how models walk in flats or that was a model's typical walk down the ramp. But it was cute. So very feminine. She looked better with just the right amount of makeup then when I see some of her pictures in the papers or magazines. Apples writes for the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Was reading a back issue of People Magazine and one of the featured personalities was Roy Cosico, MD. He's affiliated with Medicins sans Frontieres and is assigned to Africa. He acknowledged the curiosity of people - why Africa, why not the Philippines? His argument: medically, Africa is worse of than the PHilippines. In Africa, the ratio is 1 doctor per a million people. He mentioned that occasionally, he calls a colleague here in the Philippines for advice on the treatment of cases. Hats off to him. (Does he earn less doing volunteer work or this kind of work? I guess so and how noble of him.)

****************************

Dawn Zulueta in Proudly Filipina. last night, I watched Charlene's show where Dawn was asked about being a beauty icon. She said something to the effect, thank you but do you know that puts added pressure on me especially as I become older? She also mentioned how it was such a difficult time she had in the first eight years of her marriage when people kept asking about whether she had a baby already. Many years ago, we had college friends who were similarly situated. I could see their sadness each time anyone asked because they had married earlier than I and I was pregnant that time. From then on, I decided not to ask them whether a baby was coming. Some two years later, finally they had one.

***************************

The same holds true for single ladies/men. I particularly noted this where a niece was concerned. I have stopped asking her when she was getting married. That's meddling, I have come to realize.

***************************

There's this young actress whom I have caught twice on TV saying, "My parents have brought me up well". Gosh, can't she wait for someone to give her that compliment? Methinks she's wrong. She's a tad conceited. Years back, an international beauty titlist, Filipina too, kept saying too that she exuded a certain class that's why she won the title. She comes from a rich family. hahaha. Blind items. I should do this more often. Then years from now, I might not remember the answers myself.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Issa LItton. Caught her in She... ka (pun for chika?) last Thursday. That was the latter portion and she was interviewing guests who were cooking (I don't know yet if that's what the entire show is about). She ... ka is from 8 to 9 every morning, Mondays to Fridays on NBN - Channel 4 in Metro Manila. She was very engaging if a bit over talkative but I wasn't irked. Actually I didn't know her name initially but thought I heard "Issa" towards the end of the show. So I surfed the Net and true enough, her name's Issa Litton. I had heard her name before but I thought she was a model period. Apparently she has hosting skills as well.

*******************************

Another charmer on TV is Rosebud Benitez. Originally part of Ka-Toque, she now has her own show, Quick Fire, where she dishes out recipes in ten-minute stretches, three times a day weekdays, and twice a day weekends, before the more popular shows of QTV are shown, e.g., The Sweet Life, Balitanghali, etc. Among the Ka-Toque chefs, she actually stood out because of her nice smile and very feminine ways. She wasn't as noisy as the male chefs and exuded more confidence than the other female chef, who is charming nonetheless and could be your neighbor or friend. Rosebud's recipes are simple and easy to do. I haven't tried doing any yet, but one of these days I will. If the dish comes out well, I'll share it with you.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Dennis Trillo. In an old issue of People Magazine, he was one of the featured gentlemen. But being very quiet, the article focused mostly on an interview with his manager, Popoy Caratativo (or sounds like anyway). Among other things, Popoy maintained that Dennis doesn't consider himself handsome. He knows how he looks but doesn't consider himself handsome. I think this may be true because he continues to be serious and quiet rather than flamboyant or gregarious.

*****************************

What's with the Internet these days? A lot of the time it doesn't work or is too slow. We're subscribed to PLDT DSL. What about you? darn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

having trouble with the internet - you, too? Sus, I thought ako lang. I was happy with SmartBro until about two days ago and I thought, hay, don't tell me I am back to fighting with customer reps like I always had to do with Globe.

Hey! You must email me about the blind items. Interesting. Para if you forget, I might be able to remember and we can still laugh about them and compare notes so many years from now.

You should write in your profile: wheelchair-bound wife, mother, cook, editor, all-around. I am amazed that you can do so many things more compared to me who is mobile but who is too lazy to move around. LOL

antonette said...

haha. Sige, I'll email you the personalities in the blind item.