Thursday, May 15, 2008

Maid B - a funny episode

As the rains assaulted the grounds and caused power to fluctuate, effecting a brief brownout even, I buzzed for Maid B so she could unplug the aircon, the TV and this laptop. I called once, she didn't come. I called another time, she still didn't come. Meanwhile, the power was doing a Christmas lights act: flicker on, flicker off, not exactly a good thing for appliances. So I called her a third time.

Lo and behold she barged into the room, face angry, saying aloud, "naga todo pa to ulan sa sagwa" (it's raining hard outside) -- as if I didn't know. Then I said, "nga-a ano gina himo niyo?" (why, what are you doing?") I was expecting her to answer that they were gathering the laundry, scooping the water from the sala or something. Instead, she answered, "wala man a." (Nothing). hahaha. i wanted to comment, "I thought you were catching the rain or staving off the winds". I wanted to say, "te nga-a akig ka?" (so why are you angry). But I didn't because then she'd have had an opportunity to emote. I merely kept quiet and so did she.

See? She just wants to be antagonistic, ferocious, fight! hahahaha. All her acting prowess for nothing. I didn't take umbrage even as I wanted to be sarcastic. What for? Got her there. Silly.

No comments: