Friday, May 9, 2008

Additional Lessons for My Maids

Yesterday, I was so bored I decided to cook dinner. At one point Maid A said she'd fry the chicken for me. Fine. When she was done she asked whIch way she ought to turn the knob of the electric stove. I said "Left" and for good measure, I said "sa wala Ilonggo for left). She turned it to the right. A little later the same thing. So aside from colors and numbers, I have to teach them which is their right and which their left.

Just a few minutes ago, I asked Maid C for the "mas damol" (Ilonggo for thicker) folder. There are two folders where I file my bills. She gave me the thinner one. SO I also need to teach them the difference between thick and thin. Sometimes, I wonder if they're really mentally challenged or just too lazy to think, are not listening or are out to irk me.

What do you think?

No comments: