Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Search in Futility

My husband is on retreat now, he'll be back tomorrow. My son is leaving in a while to do his group project in a friend's house. I'm bored, or yesterday, I thought I'd be bored. But here I am, now blogging, not at all bored. I'll read the papers, the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad per a recommendation of a rich friend and a nephew on his way to being big. I'll watch TV and play Spider Solitaire or TextTwist online.

Yesterday, I thought hard whether I should hire the Wheelmobile and go to a mall. In no particular order, I called a friend who said yes immediately, only to text a few minutes later after recalling her mom's attendant was going to have her day off. I texted a cousin who weeks back said she might be in Manila. I was hoping that serendipitously she's now here. Sadly, she's in Bacolod, down with the flu. I was thinking of another friend but wondered whether she'd have time off from her yoga class (she's perpetually in yoga class, may guwapo ba dun? hahaha) but before I could even text her, she called to say she's leaving for Davao. Does she have ESP?

I deliberated about canceling the Wheelmobile or simply going on with it. But I also wondered: where will I go and with whom? Maid B? But she prattles and being with her the whole time, the mere thought made me feel tired. Get Ex-maid? Yes, except that I'd have to pay her for keeping me company plus she might be with me starting June if Maid B makes good her threat to leave. Where to go? Which mall? I looked at my things to do/buy and they weren't much. They didn't justify spending on the Wheelmobile. Watch Ploning? If only it were showing in Greenhills or Power Plant, I'd have proceeded with the Wheelmobile. But it's only showing in Gateway where we once watched a movie from the front row, the only place accessible to someone in a wheelchair.

So I canceled the Wheelmobile appointment. Money saved from doing so I used to buy sugpo . Other imagined savings from refraining from going out will go to my ninang gown, hairstyle and makeup, and present seed fund. The cloth of the gown has been sent me. See? It's reversible. This is one side: , this is another:
I wonder what Mia Urquico of Mico will choose as the color. Guess which I prefer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahay. You can't imagine what I've been doing despite the flu. I cleaned my desk drawers (it looked like all the should-i-or-should-i-not-throw-this-away things are there pala), I did the 3-day diet that said I'd lose ten pounds (boo hoo hoo! I lost only 4! Daya!), I took pictures of almost everything in my house except my soiled clothes and I prepared my lecture for the next 2 weeks.

BUT nothing would stop me from making pasyal with you in that wheelmobile if I was in Manila. Flu or no flu.

So did you watch Ploning? I wanted to watch it too but had a guest and she didn't want to go.