Tuesday, November 27, 2007

i-studio

We excitedly went to i-studio in Shangrila to check out i-touch because my son said he saw one the night before and was enamored. I asked the male clerk, "Do you have a brochure?" He immediately said, "wala, ma'am, pero eto o", while handing me a flyer comparing the different models of i-pod. I was impressed.

Then I saw the price tag of the i-pod nano and was alarmed. It seemed lower than when I had bought mine. My husband assured me it cost the same, but I was not to be so easily dissuaded.

So I asked the sales clerk whether the price had gone down and he just looked at me. Desperate to have an answer, I went to the lady behind the cash register to ask. She said, "basta ang presyo ng nano na 8 gigs, kasing presyo na ng 4 gigs dati." But I pressed, "magkano siya dati?" And she again told me, "basta pareho ng 4 gigs dati." Kulit ko no? I guess she knew I was still waiting for an answer so she turned and asked another clerk who was equivalently clueless. What a store. As we left, my son said that the previous week, he had asked a question (I cannot now remember what) and all he got was a blank stare. He said Apple would be so aghast that their products are being sold by uninformed clerks. According to him, in the States, stores that sell Apple stuff have Apple experts. Oh well, it's back to Mobile 1 then, except that when I called Mobile 1, sure their unit was cheaper and they could tell me everything about the i-touch but the battery they promised for my husband's treo wasn't yet available. It has been 2 or 3 weeks since the unit was bought. Where is the perfect store? In Utopia?

Darn...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ay grabe. I get really peeved when I go to a store and make inquiries and the clerks come up with an answer that's purely palagpat or I don't get any answer at all.

How really disappointing! Apple should check on its franchisees.