Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Cute Experience

I have never seen snow except in the movies, much less touched it so I felt like a child enjoying simulated snow last Sunday at Eastwood. Hangad sang in a certain area in the complex to an appreciative crowd of mostly family and friends, a number of children, possibly relatives, too. And at the end of it all, "snow" fell. Most of the oldies sought shelter, but the children were catching the snow. I'm sure some of it fell on my hair as the son of my good friend who died months ago put his fingers on my hair and asked, "are you all right?" I was so touched. He is so like his dad and mom, very caring. He's studying to be a doctor and I'm sure he'll make a good one. Earlier that night, the parents of a classmate of my son gave me two boxes from Pancake House. He said, "dinner." I guess he noticed that while he and his wife left to eat while waiting for the show to start, we stayed put. We wanted to be comfortable watching the show seated. Haha, fancy me saying that when I perpetually have a seat, but I wanted my husband and sister to be comfy too. My sister went off a while and bought churros which my husband and I shared along with a bottle of water. My son was able to eat the last churros. What a happy evening it was.

No comments: