Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Promise, this is true...

I do not want to belittle anyone here, but this is cute/funny. You decided.

A friend of my son's went to a healing priest. Aware that priority is given to people in wheelchairs, he came in one. The priest asked him to stand. He stood. The priest asked him to walk. He walked. Applause.

A miracle? Not really. As I said, he just used a wheelchair to facilitate his being "attended to" ahead of most. He had suffered from second degree burns in his arm and that's what he was there for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

I didn't believe in people fainting at healing sessions but one time, after a mass and while I was waiting for a taxi, I was surprised to see many people filing along the communion rail so I went back in and witnessed a healing session. I saw my former college dean (the one who forced me to take up accountancy and who I call "mommy" but I didn't know she was sick with cancer) among those who were waiting for a nun - she looked Asian - to touch her forehead. When the nun did, she suddenly fell backwards as if she fainted (or actually fainted?). I was surprised. My dean was a no-nonsense person so I'm sure she wasn't simply acting.

antonette said...

I attended healing masses but was never slain. They say only those who are slain have faith. Ergo, I didn't have enough faith/grace to be slain. That's what my expert friend said.