Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Itinerary Tomorrow

My itinerary tomorrow is toxic in more ways than one. Get this:

NSO East Avenue to get my birth and marriage certificates just in case when I go to the NBI and I'm asked for original and current copies I have them to show. Though this pm, just a few minutes ago, I called NBI Carriedo to ask about requirements and was told 2 valid IDs. When I said I needed a clearance for change of name, the person who answered added, "Birth certificate." I asked, "pwede xerox?" He said no. I asked "pwede hindi current?" He said, "Punta ka na lang dito." I insisted, "Gusto ko malaman ang tama kasi ayokong pabalik balik at naka wheelchair ako." He said, "Sandali lang." I heard him ask about requirements and then he got back to me to say "pwede xerox kahit hindi bago." Given how arbitrary the answers were, I better come prepared.

Actually this morning, I had the maid get me my birth and marriage certificates in the hope that she could get them this pm, but no, it has to be tomorrow. The line was very long, she said, snake-like in fact. So tomorrow, NSO, first stop.

Next stop: NBI Carriedo. Where on earth is that? Behind SM Carriedo and Isetann, I was told. Okay. So do I know where it is with that info? No. But hopefully, the wheelmo driver does. I hope it's Arnel because he's better at directions than the other driver.
If I am lucky, per the NBI website, I should get my clearance in 30 minutes. Now if I have a namesake who has an NBI record, then I'll have to go back after a week. Oh boy. A niece's wedding had to be postponed because her groom to be has a namesake who has committed some crime.

After NBI Carriedo, no matter how long I take there and no matter how tired I am, it's back to MAnila City Hall to submit, nay, show the original copies of my transcript of record (thank God for Kathleen of the College Registrar in Ateneo who hurried things up - I requested the transcript THursday, it's ready today. At AIM I asked for a certificate of employment Wednesday, it was ready by Friday. The private sector rocks (wow, what young lingo. Springs from my reading the blogs of the young, hahaha.) Hopefully, the people in Manila City Hall will not find yet another reason for me to go back to their office to submit some other requirement. They're really taxing my patience. My husband, when I recounted my ordeal, said "That's why the country is not moving forward." If getting corrections on a birth certificate is as tedious as this, how much more is it for the apparently rich businessmen to get a business permit or whatever papers they need? NO wonder the prices they charge for their goods are so high-- they must have spent a considerable amount of time, energy, and presumably resources before they could start operating.

After Manila City Hall, if I still have the energy and guts, I'll go to SSS for my SSS ID card. This will mean going back to East Avenue where the SSS head office is. It is the only SSS office whose machines are working. Galing no? Third world. After SSS, granted that I still have some energy left, I'll go to the QC Hall also in East Avenue to get my police clearance. A friend who did said she got it in half an hour. Then if I still have some energy left, I'll go to PLDT nearby to get my phone directories. No connection to getting a birth certificate tomorrow, no? But that's listed in my itinerary because of its proximity to my other destinations. In the past, PLDT issued notices that directories were ready for pick-up. My bill the past two years no longer came with info to the effect. My sister is lucky. She lives in a subdivision so their directories are delivered.

I hope tomorrow will be my lucky day and I can finish everything. Aiming for the stars? I can always dream, can't I?

ADDENDUM: For the continuation of this saga, check out my post "I'm pooped" on this site

No comments: