Friday, August 22, 2008

Credit Card Shock

This morning, 19 August 2008, at around 3:30, catching myself wide awake, as is my wont I reached for the phone to check on my credit card balances. I almost fainted when one yielded the info that I had used up my credit card limit and had gone over it by over Php150k. I calmly checked if my credit card were in my wallet, saw it and thought hard where I had last used it -- in a resto. Horror stories of how some waiters commit fraud by getting info from their customers' cards and using this flooded by mind, but I prayed for calm.

I called the bank again and luckily a human voice immediately took my call after I dialed the right numbers. She apologetically explained that transactions swiped using the BDO machine from 15 to 18 August were computed in dollars and reflected thus last night. She assured that corrections would be made within the day. They were.

Whew.

No comments: