Friday, August 22, 2008

Cinderella Redux

No, I'm not talking about Lea Salonga's version, but the version in my own household.

If you've read some of my earlier posts, you'll know I have 3 maids: A, B and C. They're all related. A and C are cousins of B, A and C are stepsisters, with A older than C.

A is a meanie of the first order. B is a lesser meanie. C is the perpetual and proverbial victim but somehow, she puts up a fight.

This post was provoked by an incident this morning. I asked A to look for a bottle of Bravo sardine pate in the refrigerator. When she seemed to be taking some time, I suggested she look in the "pantry". After a while, she stopped, and then rang the buzzer for C. I asked her what in heaven for. She said it was C who had stocked the pantry.

I told her in no uncertain terms that while it was true C did, she, meaning A, could look for it herself. She could read, after all, and it was she I'd charged to get the bottle.

So she proceeded to the ref again and found it. Meanwhile, C came in and asked why. She grumbled, "Bay-i na lang, ako na lang." Hayyyyyy...

Maid B is no saint either. Once I told her to open the windows of my son's room. Within earshot, she told Maid C, in the dialect, "Later, help me open the window's to _____'s room." Peeved, I asked, "Is it so difficult to do?" She answered, "No, but it was she who closed them." I tell you...

No comments: