Saturday, April 26, 2008

Maid C and the Americana of my son

At Taal Vista, I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't sleep. Luckily, the May issue of Yes magazine was right beside me so I decided to look at it. Ok, I read it through. The issue was entertaining, particularly the story of Carmina, Zoren, Mavy and Cassy. Gretchen - hasn't everything been written about her yet? An overall good issue.

Then I saw the rack of clothes of Carmina and Zoren. The hangers were wooden and heavy-duty. At 4 a.m. I remembered my son's Americana and suddenly became listless. I remembered his using it end March and worried (so what else is new?) that it had been sent for dry cleaning but hadn't been claimed. My goodness, the dry cleaning company might have sequestered it, I worried/fretted. I couldn't wait for 6 a.m. so I could text the maid back home. While we had a maid with us, she's always clueless about many things, or gives answers that seem to indicate she is clueless when in fact... but never mind, this is about Maid C.

When it was decent, I texted the maid back home. I nearly fainted. Maid C hand washed the Americana of my son. True it was made two years ago but it didn't come cheap. In fact, we had it altered only February and paid quite a sum for the alteration. It was still usable.

When I asked Maid B who was with us if she'd seen Maid C wash it, she said no. What about when she ironed it, I asked. Do you think I got a different answer? Of course not. She was consistent: No. I was angry, I cried a bit out of sheer frustration. The house is not big so why didn't the other maids see Maid C wash the americana? My husband said, "Impossible". The 3 maids being relatives, they connive/are partners in "crime". Hayy. And to think Maid C cannot even iron our shirts properly.

When we got home, I immediately asked to see the americana and while it appeared no damage had been done, the ironing, as expected, was sloppy. Hayyyyyyyyyyy.

To think that I asked her to have the ties of my son dry cleaned. In the past, she had brought that coat to the dry cleaner and she claims she forgot that standard procedure. Hayyyyyyyy.

No comments: