Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hooray for Globe, today!!!

This pm we hied off to Globe in Shang to have the Nokia 2630 phone replaced, it possible. Initially, the man who attended to us said he'd have it evaluated, and this time I was no longer inclined to be patient. i said,"So I won't have a phone for another week, sayang my load, etc." He went in and checked if they had a service unit I could use and came back to say they had none. I asked to speak with the manager. I wanted the phone replaced.

After some time, Doner, the manager, came out with the good news. He would replace the phone with a new one of the same kind or the other one that went with the plan. But he needed the entire box and its contents (manual, charger, earphone) back.

I said, no problem. He said you may come back tomorrow, but realizing that this was too good a chance, a blessing even, to pass up, I texted my son to call my cellphone (you'll see why later) so I could give him instructions to send everything to Shangrila through the maid who knew how to ride the MRT to the mall. In a little over an hour's time, she came and so we went back to Globe.

Some papers had to be signed etc. but now we have a new replacement phone. The manager admitted they had received a lot of complaints re Nokia 2630. God bless him for agreeing to replace the unit.

Globe yet again. As I waited for the transaction to end, I asked the guard for literature on the different plans offered by Globe. Earlier I had looked at the bill of my son's plan when I applied for it and realized it was GTalk. Yes, I had been talked into getting the said plan by the lady in Podium. Its features were 350 free text messages and 210 minutes of voice calls for P1200.

Ever since I got the plan for my son, I came to realize he hardly used the phone to call. Luckily, I saw that Globe was offering a Globe flex plan that was consumable. For 1200 said plan had 250 free text and P1200 that was consumable in any way one needed/wanted: to surf the Net, to call, to text some more. Text messages were at P0.50, voice calls, Globe-to-Globe P6/minute, etc. Upon studying its features I realized the plan was more practical; but problem was, would they allow the switch?

I called 730-1000 and was assured they could and they would on the 17th because they had a standing rule: switching wasn't allowed 4 days before or after the cut-off period. So there. On the 17th, my son's plan will be consumable na. Yehey. Thanks to Tat Vergara. I told her how much clearer her explanation was than that given by the personnel in Globe Podium. She apologized on behalf of that person. May her tribe increase.

No comments: