Tuesday, September 11, 2007

God has a sense of humor

Ok, so I multi-task, but which woman doesn't?

Less than five minutes ago, I was reading the email of my college best friend's son asking for the email of another friend's daughter who's dean or something of a school he's applying for admission in. I checked my phone for my friend's number so I could ask for her daughter's email address but it wasn't listed. Then I checked my other phone, still for her number, but before I could do so, I saw the message box which read: "No space for new msgs." So I cleared a few text messages from my inbox and as expected, I heard the beep signaling an incoming text message. No name came out, just a number because my SIM cards and phones have been interchanged endlessly these past months. But the message read, "after much prayerful discernment, Jojo has decided to run for barangay capt of Loyola Heights. Pls pray for him and the community he wishes to serve. Ditsy" My God, the very name and number I needed. I was planning to call a sister for her number but before I could do so, voila! God gave it to me. Thanks, God, for the funny/happy surprise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When something like this happens to me, I say 'it was meant to be'... and I get a nice, warm feeling.