Friday, June 22, 2007

Unang Hirit

Locally, it has been my favorite early morning show ever since it started and Lyn Ching somehow explained why I prefer it to all the different permutations that have challenged it care of the Kapamilya Channel -- the camaraderie of the hosts. Their friendships are real, no contrived ones there, thank you. So real in fact that they are the godparents of each other's children. Such fun. There are times they get carried away with their teasing but those are very rare instances.

On the minus side, when one has a headache or woke up on the wrong side of the bed, listening to Love Anover giving updates on traffic can be annoying. When I am in such a mood, I turn the TV on to mute when Love is doing her thing.

tristan is so cute. He has the charm of his dad, the late Jun Encarnacion who must be very proud of him. He's very respectful too!

Drew is so childlike he can be anyone's favorite son. Such charm.

Eagle - I think the one who most understands him is Suzi. I may be wrong but somehow I think Eagle is sensitive and Suzi knows this so she's always careful to include him in the conversation or to give him some importance.

Arnold - I'm glad he hasn't joined politics. While sometimes he can be self-righteous, he is less so than his counterparts in Channel 2, thank God.

Regine - she can dance up a storm but I am not too enamored with her dancing. I don't know if it's excessive or lacking in something but I've seen better.

Suzi - I love this lady. Once inside the theater in Power Plant, the lights had just been turned on when I saw her up there. She saw that I was looking and gave me a smile. She's real.

Lyn Ching - I saw her too in Megamall, and while she didn't turn to smile, she was smiling all the time and not sulking or snobbing anyone. I think she's ok though she's from La Salle. Ooops...

Rhea - She is just so pretty. But there are words she doesn't pronounce well. Like she pronounces international as though it were -enter national.

Certainly Channel 2 has better sets but it's like a plush house in a rich subdivision where the people aren't blessed with happy relationships.

No comments: