Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shorts or Bits and Pieces of Nothing and Everything

Last night attended dinner at my best friend's house where I saw the newlyweds. It then dawned on me that I forgot to bring our wedding present for them. DARN. And their house is so far. I vowed to send this by JRS the next day.

Anyway, the bride looked lovely, lovelier than she did on her wedding day. Younger too. what gives? Make-up. She had a lot on on her wedding day. Last night, she didn't look like she had any.

This calls to mind a memory that will long haunt me. My mother had this very good friend with whom she "exchanged" gifts every so often -- no occasion needed. When my mother would go to Iloilo or Manila, we'd always bring something over to her friend. When the friend harvested bangrus from her farm, she'd give us too.

Anyway, one day, we dropped by her house to pick up something. She had no make-up on and was I surprised that she looked so old without any on.

Moral of the two stories: when you're young, use make-up sparingly. When you're older, use make-up sparingly so people won't be surprised when they see you all wrinkled when you don't have any make-up on.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Haven't been watching TV much. Partly because when Joey died, my routines were discarded, among them being transfixed by my source of peripheral noise--television. yes, I'd still turn on the TV while eating breakfast or lunch, but these days, as soon as I finish my meal, I turn the TV off. Except for Marimar, that is. I watch it every time we are home. Start to finish.

Moreover, I only buy newspapers Thursday to Sunday. So was I surprised to find out today that Ernest Santiago had died after being murdered. Stories of gays being murdered by their lovers or househelp have become de rigeuer. Sadly.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

No comments: