Saturday, December 1, 2007

A New Camera

Last night, our son showed us the photos in his i-touch. I was amazed: in it were pictures of his graduation and dinner which I thought didn't exist. I asked where he got them and he said they came from his dad's camera. I couldn't be placated. For months now, I've been saddened by the thought that on my son's high school graduation, we didn't even have a family picture with him in his toga, nor of him at the surprise party we gave him. Then these pictures suddenly showed up.

The culprit: my husband's camera. It's digital and my husband hadn't copied the photos for me in my memory stick. They were merely languishing in his. So this morning, as he showed me pictures in his camera, a number a year old, no less, I thought out loud, "when I have money I'll buy a digital camera too."

A few hours later, he said he'd go to Shangrila to get me a wedding anniversary present. In the meantime, I surfed for a cheap digital camera and started thinking when I could afford to get one of the lower end models. But when he came back, he had a Sony digital camera for me, for which he got a pink case. He felt guilty that he hadn't gotten the pink camera instead of the metallic one, but I guess he just couldn't stomach holding a pink camera,even if only occasionally.

No comments: