Saturday, December 1, 2007

Omakase 3

Tonight was the third time we ate in Omakase in a span of 3 months, not counting the time I ordered sushi take-home. And tonight was special in the sense that using my new camera, we took pictures of the entrees we ordered except for one main entree, the tonkatsu. It looked pale, not golden brown, and therefore uninteresting. Following are the entrees we ordered. Before you start thinking what gluttons we are, take note that we took home a portion of each except for the soup which my husband finished. I don't know the Japanese names of the food we ordered but I'll describe them as best I can.

Oops, what's happening to blogger? It refuses to upload pictures. Anyway, I'll do it tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll describe the food we ordered lest I forget.

The soup: it was called the omakase soup. It contained crab sticks, sea weed and what looked like beaten egg strips cooked in the broth, a clear broth.



Sushis: we ordered 3 kinds, namely, American Dream, the cheesy beef sushi and hold your breath, Rising Sun. American dream I think I described way back: cooked salmon with cream cheese inside vinegared rice fried with batter like tempura. Cheesy beef was breaded. It was beef with cheddar cheese stuffing -- my son's favorite. Now Rising Sun has a mixture of tuna and salmon sashimi and avocado and cucumber.




American Dream


Rising Sun



Dip for the sushis - a mixture of Japanese mayo and Kikkoman

Cheesy Beef Sushi



Sashimi: we ordered salmon. It was nicely arranged in a white porcelain plate shaped like a fan.


Rice: we ordered garlic rice. Yummy.

Main dishes: squid teppanyaki and tonkatsu. The tonkatsu I described earlier, the squid teppanyaki was nice and tender. The taste was okay, like most teppan food. The teppan was served with vegetables - generally togue, cabbage and carrots. Following is a picture of the squid teppan.



Dessert: Fried tempura ice cream. Actually this is vanilla ice creamed cooked in tempura batter. With this in a bowl are slices or cubes of mango (depends on which chef prepares it). Chocolate syrup is poured atop the mound which is, in turn, topped by half a cherry with a stem, if the chef remembers. We ordered two for the three of us, one after the other. The second order didn't have cherry. Did they run out or did the chef forget? We didn't bother to ask as all the servers were so nice, so why antagonize them?

The dessert minus the half-cherry




Add Image still refuses to work. Darn...

No comments: