Thursday, December 20, 2007

Quaint Christmas Presents

(in order of receipt)
1. 3 orchestra tickets to a Jesuit Communications concert featuring Hangad, Joe Mari Chan. etc. From my future wedding goddaughter.
2. 2 orders of Roli's sati babe and one mazapan de leche. From my high school best friend and now my cousin-in-law. These are my favorites and came as a real surprise and treat.
3. 10 pieces of balut - these from the family of my son's friend. Parents are both doctors. So they too must eat balut. And therefore balut is healthy. How's that for convenient logic?
4. dried beef tapa - from a cousin in Bacolod. Before it came via JRS, I was wondering what to have for lunch. Wow, that really deliciously solved my "dilemma."

5. Sapin-sapin - from the family of my son's classmate; mom has become a good friend. I should take its picture though I have taken off a portion of it. there's a yellow strip that is new I think. Every part of sapin sapin seems to taste the same except for what's evidently the suman portion. But somehow, I prefer some colors to others (violet, orange, cream). I don't like the red part too much. A bit tough. Psychological?


6. A box containing six cans of Pringle's. From the sister of my college best friend. I've seen this in the supermarkets but only buy one canister at a time, so this was decidedly a treat.


7. A box of ponkan - these from a couple (parents of son's friend) who are into the distribution of onions, fruits, etc.


Hmmm. Will take pictures of these so I can post them.

No comments: