Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Han's Tools, Shangrila

I'm livid. A few weeks ago, we got our son a Momo steering wheel. We felt so lucky that it was on sale and came with an adaptor for a 1996 corolla. Was that coincidence or was it rigged by the salesman (we'd told him our car model)? Whatever, my son was happy especially when the store's installer came to the house to install it. The car's original steering wheel was all right, so with the car horn but my son was complaining that it felt icky as he had removed the leather covering which had seen its time.

Last night, my husband used the car and he said the car horn slid? sank? downwards, ergo it couldn't be used. This morning I got in touch with the installer. He said he'd come after lunch. When I told him to come at 2 so my husband could be around, he answered back:

"Mam chek m na kng mrn ako naitabi adaptor. Parang kulang yng kinabit dyan. Kng wala ako. Tx kita. Dalhin na lang ninyo car Saturday. Sa Hans."

I texted back, "Didn't you use the adaptor that came with the steering wheel?"

His reply: "Yes. Parang kulang wacer yan man." (So why did he install it if the parts weren't complete?)

I texted back: "My husband will wait for you at 2 this afternoon. Please come."

He texted back: "Kahit pumunta ako dyan kng wala washer. Use les.. Kaya nga tinanong ko yng saletman kng sure tama lahat. Sure daw. D na sa akin pinakita."

I called Han's Tools and berated the one who answered me. What sloppy service. Imagine if the horn had conked out while there was heavy traffic and a car or truck in front of ours was moving back. We'd just have to watch it hit us, or maybe shout? Crazy. Or worse, what if a pedestrian were crossing and the one driving our car couldn't honk? I dread the could have beens.

I insisted with Raymalin of Han's to send the installer over to the house to fix the problem this afternoon.

Minutes later, he called back to say we should bring the car to Hans at 330 this p.m.

My goodness, what if the scenarios I painted came true? I insisted the installer should fix the problem here in the house. The Hans guy said he'd refer the problem to the manager.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... He still hasn't called.

PS At around 4 this p.m. the installer came. To cut a long story short, after he finished fixing the horn, he came in to see me. He asked for transpo fare. P300 he said, because he took a taxi. The nerve. But so I could get him out of the house, I asked my husband to give him the money. Earlier he was saying (when my husband wasn't around yet) that maybe the horn was pushed too hard by my husband. I told him "Sabihin mo sa kanya." He immediately buckled and said, "Hindi na po kailangan, okay na yon." Natakot? Ang antipatiko. I hope I never see him again. Before he left he told the maid "hindi pa ata natuwa si Ma'am." How could I be when he was so arrogant. he showed me the washer, two types. He said he had one kind in the house and had to go to Han's to get what was for the car. I asked him why he installed the steering wheel when he knew the washer was missing. He said, "Sa iba kasi pupwede naman yon eh. Matigas lang siguro ang pagpindot." kakainis............

No comments: