Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MAID C - the living proof

She is one woman who cannot live long without a man. And she's leaving again. A few years back she left because she got pregnant by an employee of a neighbor's who had this lock shop. She gave birth, came back when her son was a little over a year and after staying with me for over a year, she's leaving again.

Across the street is a rice store she frequents to buy small stuff. And she fell in love, I guess. Or in lust? Her sister, Maid A, saw pills in her possession. No, therefore, she is not pregnant. She just wants to settle down. The man said he'd marry her in her province in Cotabato. She's leaving as soon as her replacement comes.

So now she acts like she doesn't care. She takes a while to call, she does things rough- shodly.For her child's sake, I hope the man will treat her right. For her sake I hope the man treats her child right. But does she care?

When she came back she said she'd work hard for her child. Weeks back, when she showed me her child's picture and my son looked at it and asked what her child's name was, she looked like she would cry. Then now this.

She just has to have a man in her life. The father's child had left her in the lurch, refusing to marry her and taking on another girl soon after. Isn't she scared to suffer the same fate?

She trusts this new man she says, because he gives her money to keep. Money, I fear, that he may not even own. He mans a store that isn't inventoried by the owner, I heard. So who's to say?

Reminds me of a blogger's maid whom the blogger loved. She left the blogger and went back to her husband or lover and together they were caught by the arm of the law in the province, not for something she did but for something he had done. Oh well...

No comments: