Friday, February 13, 2009

I feel so insulted... sabay tawa

A few minutes ago, I went to Rustan's. After the cashier totaled my purchases, I handed her, through the maid, my credit card. She gave the charge slip to the maid and asked, "Sinong pipirma?"I wonder what she really thought the answer would be. Just because I can't walk doesn't mean I can't write. She asked in such an unsmiling manner at that. Do I write her name? It's Vilma P. (family name rhymes with her star for all seasons namesake's family name, it's the same as Bernard Bonnin's siga character but with the additional letter m)

A few days ago my husband said his cousin also challenged "Can she sign this?" referring to some legal papers that required my marital consent. Apparently, it wasn't a friendly legal paper hence the haughtiness. Isn't he scared of karma? Just kidding, but really.

Stephen Hawking cannot walk, much less talk properly,but look where he is, look at what he has done. Beethoven was deaf but can one argue against the beauty, the magnificence, even, of his compositions?

Duh...

2 comments:

wanderingpinay said...

the loss of ability to walk does not rob you of your senses and the ability to do other things such as writing which you are good at, antonette. i hate those people without disabilities but are just too lazy to even lift a finger...

antonette said...

thanks malou.