Monday, February 2, 2009

Call Center calls and other domestic concerns

I was having lunch when the phone rang. "Ma'am PLDT po. Natanggap niyo na ho ang bill niyo nung January 7?" I said "yes". The voice proceeded to ask, "Na settle niyo na ho?"

I get such calls intermittently but they manage to annoy me each time. I wonder --

do they call to ask really because they want to know if I got the bill or not or to really know if I've settled my bill? What would they do if I said no? Maybe next time I should say no, so I'll find out.

&&&&&&&&&&

This is not my lucky day. A few minutes later, "Pwedeng makausap si Ma'am _____(my name)?" I said "Ano yun?" Then the voice said "si ma'am ____ na ba eto? Kasi ma'am affiliate namin ang Citibank. Ang balance niyo ganito. Baka gusto niyo i-convert Ma'am _____ para sa March na po kayo Ma'am ______ magbayad." I asked "may interest yan?" He answered "di ba ma'am ______ ang sa Citibank ganito ang interest, Ma'am ______? etc." WHen I told him I had paid already you could hear his disappointment. It's so irksome pati the frequency by which he calls my name.

***********
Maid A comes in, holding the recipe I told Maid B to give her for cooking for dinner. Maid A says "wala na onions at cleanser at lemon." I said "o pabili ka." Then she said "Insect spray pa." I was incredulous. Only two weeks ago we bought a big can. I asked, "ubos na?" She said "meron pa pero hindi nakakapatay ng lamok." I asked "paano mo alam?" She said "marami pa ring lamok." Then I said "eh sayang naman yun." She said "eh ginagamit naman eh."

My head is spinning...

No comments: