Monday, August 13, 2007

Special sales clerks

Offhand, I can remember a few names. They offer really great service.

1. Marlon of Rustan's Katipunan before it became Shopwise. Though still referred to as Rustan's its owners are no longer the same so most of the old hands are no longer there. I forget now where Marlon is, but he was a superb worker. Always cheerful and polite, competent, going the extra mile to help you locate/procure what you need.

2. Tess, also of Rustan's now Shopwise/Rustan's. She was a cashier on occasion, in customer service more often than not. She's now in Shoppersville Katipunan, good for Carmen to have hired her. Lucky for them. Maritess in Rustan's was an intelligent employee. Before I'd send the maid to buy something not necessarily familiar to her, I'd call Maritess to prepare it so the maid could just get it from her. She always complied and was never unpleasant.

3. Dory of National Bookstore Shangrila. She was one resourceful and industrious lady, always smiling and capable. Years later when I no longer saw her, I asked where she'd gone. Some work-related problems, I was told. I didn't want to believe it.

4. Myra of National Bookstore Katipunan, now in the Clark branch. We became acquainted over the phone. I never even saw her. Our "relationship" began after Lady Diane died. I'd always call her if there were magazines I needed, featuring the dead princess. later, I'd ask for books which she'd find for me in other branches. Before she left Katipunan, she told me she'd endorse me to her replacement, but I can't remember the latter's name. National Katipunan is not as friendly as it was when Myra was around. She also "introduced" me to her boardmate who's in National Shangrila. I seldom see the lady there and I cannot always remember her name, but she's okay too.

5. Alice of National Bookstore, Shangrila. The store is lucky to have her. Very willing and able to help all the time. She's with Customer Service.

6. Susan of Mercury Drugstore, Shangrila. She was very accommodating and helpful. She has transferred branches and I no longer know where she is.

7. Angie of Analog Soul in Power Plant. My son was buying t-shirts when she said, "I'll give you a discount because you're always here." Very nice gesture and one that will ensure our continued patronage.

No comments: